Saturday, October 26, 2013

Habby Burfday!!!!


So today is my 24th birthday. Ever since my last week in Boston I've been feeling pretty under the weather. I haven't felt so sick in years. After sucking down a whole bottle of of cold and flu syrup and theraflu knock-offs I felt myself getting better throughout the week. And then I felt myself getting worse, but wanted to keep it together for today. My boyfriend, Matt, came over, bearing gifts from him and his parents: a necklace, and two beautiful charms for my charm bracelet. Oh aaaaand
                                                                                                                                                                                         


The Electric Lady album?! SQUEEEEEEEE! 
I'm so lucky to get such wonderful gifts. I decided to wear my necklace with a lovely outfit and was prepared for the day ahead: lunch with Matt, a movie, dinner with his parents and head to halloween party tonight.
Ta-Dah! But then....




My cold had other plans. Mainly to suck away my energy and make me gross. Matt and I decided that a take-out lunch and movie before it got late was enough. We got lunch and cookie dough, ready to try out some neat cookie cutters that Matt had got me earlier in the week... 

Maybe Toll House cookie dough from the tube was the wrong kind of dough to use. Fun thing is cookies taste delicious no matter how you shape them and cookie dough tastes even better. We then headed to see Gravity starring Sandra Bullock

this movie... is why theaters were invented. I may elaborate in a later post on why this is one of the greatest movies ever. Afterwards, Matt got me a box of ginger/honey concoctions in hopes it would get me better faster. He went home and I took it easy afterward, hoping that my body will fully recover by the beginning of the new week.

I went onto facebook, welcomed with many posts from friends and family wishing me a happy birthday. It's easy to be really jaded about facebook, the website that reminds you that one of your hundreds of friends has a birthday. Leave a post to say, "Happy Birthday" almost like a robot. But that's the wrong way to look at it when you know you have real friends even if they're in different parts of the world now. It's been a really nice addition to my day to read all of the kind messages, funny jokes and simple gestures from others. My birthday may have not been ideal, being sick and all, but I got more than what I expected. Hey, this whole month has been more than what I expected, and I feel grateful for the big and little things. So whether it was a gift, a gesture or the companionship of another, these examples of love and friendship are worthwhile. Now if you'll excuse me I have a lot of posts to write back to.

No comments:

Post a Comment